“Collateral” is a compelling, shadow-laden neo-noir thriller that explores the dark depths of Los Angeles by night. Directed by the visionary Michael Mann and premiered in 2004, the film skillfully crafts a suspenseful and edgy narrative set against the backdrop of the city’s vast metropolitan canvas. Central to the plot are two key characters: Vincent, a cold-blooded and skilled assassin played by Tom Cruise, and Max, a meticulous and responsible taxi driver depicted by Jamie Foxx. The story takes a sudden and tense twist when Vincent appoints Max as his driver for the evening, unveiling his sinister mission of eliminating five individuals before sunrise. This unforeseen circumstance thrusts Max, a man accustomed to tranquillity and predictability, into a threatening realm far removed from his ordinary life. “Collateral” adeptly encapsulates the volatile and grim aspects of crime and ethics within the nocturnal urban labyrinth through its gripping plot, intricate character studies, and dynamic action scenes. The movie’s incisive dialogue, extraordinary performances, and mood-enhancing cinematography converge to offer a cinematic experience that is truly memorable.
Is Collateral free to stream in Australia?
Exciting news for fans of crime thrillers and lovers of nocturnal cityscapes! The gripping and suspenseful movie, “Collateral” (2004), is now available for free streaming on Pluto TV. This engaging film plunges viewers into the murky underworld of Los Angeles, unmasking its gritty reality under the shroud of darkness. Pluto TV, acclaimed for its diverse and all-embracing content, guarantees that this riveting thriller is accessible to all subscribers without any additional charges. So, prepare yourself for a pulse-pounding journey through the city’s sprawling streets, where the ferocity of a professional hitman, the fear of an everyday man thrust into peril, and the ambiguity of morality in life-threatening circumstances are brought to light. Don’t let this chance to delve into the heart of “Collateral” pass you by. Submerge in this masterfully crafted cinematic experience and witness the suspenseful side of Los Angeles like never before!
What is Pluto TV?
Pluto TV is a completely free live television streaming service founded in August 2013, owned and operated by Paramount Streaming, and offers a variety of TV channels and on-demand content to its users. The platform offers over two hundred channels and a wide range of on-demand content, including movies, TV shows, news, sports, and documentaries with absolutely no sign-up procedures.
Is Pluto TV free to watch?
Yes, Pluto TV is a free streaming service that offers a wide variety of TV channels and on-demand content. Pluto TV is a legitimate platform that works with reputable content providers and licenses the content it offers to its viewers.
Is Pluto TV available in Australia?
There’s bad news, Pluto TV is currently only available in the United States. But you don’t need to worry, you can easily access Pluto TV in Australia through a reliable premium VPN service like ExpressVPN.
How to get Pluto TV in Australia?
Wondering how you can access Pluto TV’s American content library in Australia? Don’t worry we’re here for you. Follow our step-by-step guide on how to get Pluto TV in Australia below:
- Select a reliable VPN service and subscribe to it. We highly recommend ExpressVPN as an option after testing it out ourselves.
- Launch the VPN and select any US server. We personally recommend using the New York server.
- Visit the Pluto TV website and go to the account logo in the upper right corner and click ‘Sign Up for Free”.
- Fill in all the required fields and click ‘Sign-up-Free.’ (note: Pluto TV doesn’t require you to register to enjoy its benefits, but by signing up you can get a customized user experience)
- Start watching and enjoy all that Pluto TV has to offer.
What VPN service should you choose?
There are loads of options available for VPN services to choose from, but some of the most trustworthy and popular ones include NordVPN, ExpressVPN, and Surfshark. We personally recommend Express VPN as it is the most globally trusted option that offers reasonable pricing and we have tried it ourselves.
That’s 15 months for the price of 12. A single subscription simultaneously supports five devices and has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The Most Extensive Server Network VPN Option for Accessing Pluto TV from Australia
As you may have already guessed, NordVPN is a VPN service provider with the largest network of global servers in the world with more than 5500 servers in more than 60 countries, 440+ of which are USA servers that are going enable you to access Hulu from Australia totally hassle-free.
NordVPN provides you with the most solid online streaming experience in comparison to other VPN service providers with absolutely zero connectivity problems and its remarkable SmartPlay feature that combines VPN technology with Smart DNS, which allows NordVPN to bypass any streaming platform’s geo-restriction blocks smoothly.
While testing it out, we recorded a fantastic download speed of 86.18 Mbps and an upload speed of 42.13 Mbps. In terms of security, NordVPN is not falling short, packing a wide range of security features including, NordVPN has an impressive line-up of security and privacy options, including dedicated IP addresses, a kill switch that works automatically, over-the-counter encryption, and a strict no-logs policy.
NordVPN allows its users to connect to six devices simultaneously and can be easily accessed on Android and iOS devices, Linux, Mac, and Windows. Now talking about pricing, you can get a 2-year plan of NordVPN at $3.49 USD per month which is 5.3 AUD per month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Access Pluto TV from Australia using Nord VPN
NordVPN is a popular virtual private network (VPN) service provider based in Panama, offering a broad range of features and functionalities designed to enhance online security, privacy, and freedom. If you’re considering purchasing NordVPN from Australia, here is some detailed information.
- Visit the NordVPN website: Begin by navigating to the official NordVPN website.
- Choose a plan: NordVPN offers several different subscription plans. You can choose between a one-month, one-year, two-year, or three-year plan. The longer the subscription period, the more cost-effective the plan generally becomes.
- Create an account: After selecting your preferred subscription plan, you’ll need to create a NordVPN account. You’ll be asked for a valid email address, which will be used for communication and account recovery.
- Select your payment method: NordVPN accepts a variety of payment methods, including credit cards, cryptocurrency, and other online payment systems. Choose the one that’s most convenient for you.
- Complete the purchase: Follow the prompts to complete your purchase. Once your payment is processed, you’ll gain access to the NordVPN service.
Features and Benefits
NordVPN offers a variety of features that make it appealing to users in Australia, and globally:
- Global Server Network: NordVPN boasts a network of over 5,000 servers spread across 59 countries. This means you can connect virtually anywhere in the world, accessing geo-restricted content or simply protecting your privacy.
- Strong Encryption: NordVPN uses AES-256 encryption, the same level of security used by many governments and military organisations, ensuring your data remains private and secure.
- No-logs Policy: As a Panama-based company, NordVPN operates under a strict no-logs policy. This means that they do not track, collect, or share your private data.
- Double VPN: This feature routes your internet traffic through two servers instead of one, adding an extra layer of security.
- CyberSec: This feature blocks ads and protects you from entering malicious websites.
- Kill Switch: In case your VPN connection drops, the kill switch feature blocks your device from accessing the internet, ensuring your data is not exposed.
- P2P Sharing: NordVPN allows peer-to-peer file sharing, which is essential for torrenting.
Remember, using a VPN is completely legal in Australia. However, it’s important to use it responsibly and not for any illegal activities.
Why do you need a VPN service to access Pluto TV in Australia?
As mentioned above, Pluto TV is a geo-restricted service only available in the United States, and if you try to access it from a location out of the US, you will receive a message saying “Pluto TV Coming to the web soon. Stay Tuned!”.
This is precisely the time when Express VPN comes to shine. It changes your IP address to a region within your chosen server location. Now, because Pluto TV restricts you through your IP address, it would come in handy making it unable to do that.
Even though Paramount Australia announced that some of the channels from Pluto TV will be available on 10play in 2023, this won’t be a complete launch of Pluto TV in Australia, only some channels will be made available. So for the time being, the entirety of Pluto TV can only be accessed in Australia through a VPN.
Will using a VPN service to access Pluto TV in Australia violate any laws?
How much does Pluto TV cost in Australia?
Pluto TV is totally free ad-supported streaming television service. It generates its revenue through advertisements shown within commercial breaks just like a normal television and lets its users access all the content for free.
What devices can you access Pluto TV on in Australia?
Pluto TV is supported on almost all sorts of devices and you can easily access it on the following mentioned devices:
|Android phones and tablets||Xbox One|
|Web browsers||VIZIO SmartCast TV|
|Roku||Fire TV and Firestick|
What Channels to watch are available to watch on Pluto TV?
Pluto TV offers a long list of channels to watch. Some of the channels you can watch are listed below:
- TV action
- TV Comedy
- TV Romance
- TV Terror
- Gravitas Movies
- MTV Pluto TV
- MTV The Hills
- TV Land Sitcoms
- Glory Kickboxing
- Voyager Documentaries
- Anime All day
What movies to watch on Pluto TV in April 2023?
Here are our top picks for the movies you can watch on Pluto TV this April:
- Amores Perros
- Drive Thru Australia
- House of Hummingbird
- Raising Victor Vargas
- Love, Antosha
- American Animals
- Lady Vengeance
- Wendy and Lucy
What TV Shows to watch on Pluto TV in April 2023?
Also, check out our top picks for the shows you can watch on Pluto TV this April:
- The Mandalorian
- South Park
- Criminal Minds
- The Twilight Zone
- The Last of Us
- Call the Midwife
Pros of Pluto TV
- Free to Use: Perhaps the biggest selling point of Pluto TV is that it’s completely free. Unlike most other streaming services, it doesn’t require a monthly subscription fee.
- Wide Range of Content: Pluto TV offers a broad selection of channels across various genres, including news, sports, movies, reality TV, and children’s programming, among others.
- On-Demand Content: In addition to its live channels, Pluto TV also offers a selection of on-demand movies and TV shows.
- Easy to Use: The interface of Pluto TV is straightforward and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find content.
- No Account Required: You can watch Pluto TV without creating an account, which adds to the convenience and ease of use.
Cons of Pluto TV
- Ad-Supported: As a free service, Pluto TV is supported by ads. This means you’ll have to sit through commercials during your viewing, which could be a downside if you prefer an ad-free experience.
- Limited Control Over Content: Unlike subscription-based streaming services, you can’t pause, rewind, or fast-forward live TV on Pluto TV. This lack of control might be a turn-off for some users.
- Variable Video Quality: The video quality on Pluto TV can be inconsistent, with some channels or content not available in high definition.
- Limited Original Content: Pluto TV doesn’t produce its own original content like some other streaming platforms, so if you’re looking for exclusive shows or movies, you won’t find them here.
- Availability of Content: Some content on Pluto TV may not be available in all regions due to licensing restrictions.
Collateral – Official Trailer
Collateral – Plot and Synopsis
“Collateral,” directed by acclaimed filmmaker Michael Mann and released in 2004, offers a gripping exploration of morality and crime set against the nocturnal backdrop of Los Angeles. The plot unfolds as Vincent, portrayed masterfully by Tom Cruise, steps into the taxi of Max, a meticulous and mild-mannered driver brought to life by Jamie Foxx.
Max, a dreamer who yearns to start his own limousine company someday, finds himself drawn into a perilous ordeal when Vincent, initially a seemingly ordinary fare, reveals himself to be a ruthless hitman. Hired by a powerful cartel, Vincent has a list of five people to eliminate before the night ends. With the unsuspecting Max coerced into being his unwilling accomplice, a tense and riveting game of life and death unfolds on the sprawling streets of Los Angeles. As the night progresses, the duo visits various locations in the city, each one marking the dreadful execution of Vincent’s targets. Amidst the growing chaos, Max must grapple with his own morality while navigating the terrifying reality of his situation. He wrestles with the question of whether to succumb to Vincent’s lethal operations or risk everything to thwart the cold-blooded killer’s plans.
The climax reaches its zenith when Max decides to take a stand against his enforced participation in Vincent’s murderous rampage. The struggle culminates in a dramatic showdown that tests the resilience and survival instincts of both characters, leading to an unexpected resolution. “Collateral” is not just a suspenseful action thriller but also an introspective exploration of ethical dilemmas and the darker aspects of human nature. From its intense performances and finely layered narrative to its striking portrayal of Los Angeles’ nighttime landscapes, “Collateral” leaves an enduring mark on the viewer. The film invites its audience to ponder the blurred lines between right and wrong while exploring the underbelly of a city and the complexities of the human spirit.
At its core, “Collateral” challenges conventional notions of heroism and the dichotomy between good and evil. It delves into the profound transformation of Max, who evolves from an ordinary taxi driver into an unexpected protagonist. The film skillfully examines the interplay of fate, choices, and the consequences they entail. As the sun rises on a transformed Los Angeles, “Collateral” lingers in the mind, reminding us of the precarious nature of life and the unexpected paths we may traverse. With its stellar performances, atmospheric cinematography, and thought-provoking themes, “Collateral” solidifies its place as a masterful exploration of darkness and redemption in the heart of a sprawling metropolis.
Collateral – Cast and Characters
- Tom Cruise – Vincent
- Jamie Foxx – Max Durocher
- Jada Pinkett Smith – Annie Farrell
- Mark Ruffalo – Detective Ray Fanning
- Peter Berg – Richard Weidner
- Javier Bardem – Felix Reyes Torrena
The denouement of “Collateral” resonates with intense emotion and suspense. Max Durocher, spurred by desperation and newfound courage, challenges Vincent’s lethal agenda, culminating in a climactic face-off on a subway train. In this final confrontation, Max’s resolve triumphs over Vincent’s icy proficiency, leading to the hitman’s downfall. The film concludes with the dawn breaking over Los Angeles, mirroring Max’s survival and the end of a night of terror. From a deeper perspective, “Collateral” poignantly underscores the unexpected twists of fate and the latent resilience within ordinary individuals when faced with extraordinary circumstances.