Taboo (2017) is a British television series that initially aired on BBC One and FX, and is now available for streaming on Peacock TV. The show, set in the early 19th century, follows the story of James Keziah Delaney, portrayed by Tom Hardy, who returns to London after a prolonged stay in Africa to reclaim his father’s shipping empire.
Where to watch Taboo in Australia?
Taboo has completed season 1 on Peacock TV. If you reside outside of the US then you need a reliable VPN (Virtual Private Network) to access Peacock TV content and watch it hassle-free.
How to watch Taboo in Australia| Easy Guide
Taboo is streaming on Peacock in the United States. Since Peacock TV is only available in the US, you will need a reliable VPN to unlock it from Australia.
Here are the steps to watching from Australia,
1- Sign up for a reliable VPN to unblock Peacock (We highly recommend ExpressVPN and NordVPN after testing)
2- Download the VPN application on your preferred device. (Both ExpressVPN and NordVPN have dedicated apps for several devices like PC, Mac, and Android devices)
3- Select an American server from the country list
4- Now open Peacock.com in your browser or in-app
5- Search Taboo on Peacock TV
6- Enjoy the show
Watch Taboo on Peacock TV in 4 Easy Steps | Detailed Explanation
Taboo is available on Peacock TV. You might not be able to find it in your region, as Taboo Ones cannot be broadcast on Peacock TV in your country due to licensing restrictions. But don’t worry, in this blog, you’ll learn how to stream the show in four simple steps.
To watch Taboo, you need an Express VPN subscription, as this VPN is tested and highly recommended. Below is an easy step-by-step guide for streaming Taboo on Peacock TV worldwide:
1- Get Express VPN for Peacock TV
You need a VPN to change your region and stream Taboo on Peacock TV. Express VPN often offers promotional deals, such as getting three extra months free with their annual plan. A single Express VPN subscription simultaneously supports six devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2- Download the Express VPN app on your device
Express VPN supports almost all devices, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and more. You can also use Express VPN on your smart TV or gaming consoles using their smart DNS.
3- Connect to a US Server
After downloading the Express VPN app, connect to a US server from the country list. Since Taboo is available on Peacock TV, you need a US IP address to access Peacock TV content and watch Taboo.
After connecting to a US server, open Peacock TV in your browser or in-app and search for Now you can stream and enjoy.
Peacock TV Cost
Peacock TV offers two subscription plans: a free ad-supported plan and a premium ad-free plan. The premium plan offers more content and features, including access to live sports and early access to late-night shows.
The price for the premium plan as of my knowledge cutoff date was $5.99(9.17 AUD) per month with ads or $6.00(9.18 AUD) per month without ads.
How to get a Peacock TV account from Australia
Peacock TV is spreading its wings, but the wings are yet to reach Australia, but that does not mean you can not stream it. Follow these steps to get a Peacock subscription from Australia:
- Get ExpressVPN for Peacock ($6.67/mo with a 30-day money-back guarantee)
- Download the VPN app on your device of choice
- Connect a US server from the list
- Open Peacocktv.com on your PC, Phone or Smart TV
- Click Sign In on the top right corner
- It will take you to the sign-in screen, it will ask, “New to Peacock? Join for Free”
- Click join for free
- Enter your details; email address, name, password, and zip code (any US zip code will work, Peacock does not verify)
- Done, Your account is created, and now you can stream Praise This in Australia on Peacock TV.
Do keep in mind that after accessing the Peacock TV website using a VPN, you’ll still need to have a Peacock TV subscription before you can access any of the content available on Peacock TV in Australia.
Taboo – Release Date and Rating
The first season of Taboo premiered on January 10, 2017, in the United States on FX. It aired in the United Kingdom on BBC One on January 16, 2017. The season consisted of eight episodes.
Taboo has an IMDb rating of 8.4/10. It has been praised for its dark and atmospheric tone, its complex characters, and Hardy’s performance.
Taboo – Official Trailer
Taboo – Plot and Synopsis
Created by Steven Knight, Tom Hardy, and Chips Hardy, Taboo is a dark, suspenseful, and engaging drama that delves into the underbelly of London during a time of great change.
Navigating the Murky Waters of 19th Century London
With its gritty and atmospheric visuals, the series provides a thrilling exploration of the city’s criminal underworld, the British East India Company’s grip on trade, and the complexities of politics and power.
From Ghosts to Gunpowder
James Delaney, long believed to be dead, resurfaces in London after a 10-year absence. He inherits his father’s shipping empire, which includes a highly valuable piece of land, Nootka Sound, that becomes a focal point of international disputes. As Delaney navigates treacherous waters, he confronts his own dark past, supernatural elements, and a web of conspiracy and betrayal.
Tom Hardy’s Transformation
Taboo features a stellar ensemble cast, led by Tom Hardy in a riveting performance, and includes Jonathan Pryce, Oona Chaplin, and Stephen Graham.
Empires and Shadows
With its rich period details, intricate plot lines, and haunting atmosphere, the show captivates audiences with its unique blend of historical fiction, supernatural elements, and raw human drama.
Taboo – Cast and Characters
- Tom Hardy – James Keziah Delaney
- David Hayman – Brace
- Jonathan Pryce – Stuart Strange
- Oona Chaplin – Zilpha Geary
- Richard Dixon – Pettifer
- Leo Bill – Wilton
- Edward Hogg – Michael ‘Godders’ Go
Can I watch Taboo on Peacock TV with a free VPN in Australia?
Utilizing a free VPN in Australia to access movies or shows might seem like a cost-effective solution, but there are considerable drawbacks to consider:
- Slower speeds: Free VPNs typically offer limited servers, often overwhelmed by numerous users. This can result in sluggish speeds, which in turn might lead to persistent buffering and lagging during streaming.
- Data limits: A significant number of free VPNs impose monthly data constraints. Frequent streaming can exhaust these limits rapidly and once exceeded, you could experience drastically reduced speeds.
- Limited Connectivity: Some free VPNs set restrictions on connection durations, often limiting sessions to brief intervals. This means you could face recurring disruptions during your shows.
- Fewer server locations: With a limited range of server locations, you might not find one proximate to Australia, further exacerbating speed issues.
- Potential Privacy Breaches: It’s a known concern that certain free VPNs might track users’ online behaviours and sell this data to third parties, undermining the primary purpose of a VPN.
- Lack of Support: Unlike their paid counterparts, free VPNs usually do not offer dedicated customer service. This can be problematic if you face technical difficulties.
- Ad Overload: As their revenue model is predominantly ad-based, free VPNs can inundate users with constant, often intrusive advertisements. This not only disrupts the experience but also consumes more data.
In essence, while the allure of free VPNs is undeniable, the limitations, including slower speeds, potential privacy breaches, and incessant interruptions, can severely hamper your viewing pleasure. For an optimal, uninterrupted streaming experience, considering a modestly priced premium VPN might be a wiser choice.
Why ExpressVPN is the Best Choice to Watch Taboo on Peacock TV from Australia
ExpressVPN is an excellent choice for accessing Peacock TV to watch shows like Taboo from Australia. With over 3,000 fast servers worldwide, including 24 servers located in the US. ExpressVPN can reliably unblock Peacock TV.
Users report impressive 89 Mbps download speeds when connected to ExpressVPN servers. Their MediaStreamer feature ensures smooth streaming on devices that don’t support VPNs.
ExpressVPN allows 5 simultaneous connections from one account. It’s compatible with major platforms like Windows, Android, iOS, and Mac as well as browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
Security is ironclad with 256-bit encryption, leak protection, and other features like a kill switch and split tunnelling.
Right now you can get 15 months of ExpressVPN for the 12-month price, costing only $6.67 USD per month. This is an affordable 10.18 AUD with the added perk of a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Overall, with its fast US servers, unblocking power, unlimited speeds, and air-tight security, ExpressVPN is a top choice for Australians to watch Peacock TV shows through a VPN.
What else can you watch on Peacock?
- Men in the Arena
- Life In The Doghouse
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Jeff Beck Rock Roll Party Honoring Les Paul
- Kingdom Men Rising
- Breaking Hate
Peacock TV is a geo-restricted streaming service that is available only in the US. However, you can access it from Australia with a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
Yes, Taboo is available to stream now on Peacock TV. you can enjoy several other shows on Peacock TV.
Season 1 of Taboo is available to watch on Peacock TV and you can stream them in Australia using a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN
Taboo is currently not available to stream on Netflix, as the streaming rights are exclusive to Peacock TV. To watch Taboo, you need a Peacock TV subscription.
Yes, you can access any streaming platform service from anywhere around the world. We recommend Express VPN as the best.
This gripping television series has received critical acclaim for its storytelling, performances, and production design. The world of Taboo is a fascinating one, filled with intrigue, danger, and mystery, providing viewers with a thrilling and unforgettable experience on Peacock TV.
Our team are on a continuous testing task with ExpressVPN excellent for streaming Peacock TV content like “Taboo” in Australia. We highly recommend this reliable VPN service for a seamless streaming experience. Enjoy the show!