In 2005, Rome, Italy’s pulsating heart, seamlessly blended millennia of history with the dynamism of the modern world. Studded with iconic architectural gems like the Colosseum and the Pantheon, the city was a lively mosaic of historical narratives and contemporary experiences. From exploring bustling markets to marvelling at the grandeur of the Vatican, Rome in 2005 invited all to witness its harmonious blend of past and present, making it a living museum of timeless charm and profound legacy.
The series ran for two seasons, comprising a total of 22 episodes, and has since become a cult classic.
Where to watch Rome from Australia?
Rome is only watchable on HBO Max. Currently, only HBO Max holds Streaming rights for Rome on their video streaming platform. You need an HBO Max subscription to watch Rome from Australia.
How to Watch Rome on HBO Max | Easy Guide
Watching “Rome” on HBO Max from outside the US can be a bit tricky due to geographical restrictions. However, with the right tools, it’s perfectly possible. Here’s an easy guide:
Following these steps, you can enjoy “Rome” on HBO Max, no matter where you are in the world.
- Get ExpressVPN: To watch HBO Max content from outside the US, you’ll need ExpressVPN. An ExpressVPN masks your actual location and makes it appear as if you’re browsing from the US.
- Install ExpressVPN: After choosing ExpressVPN, download and install it on your device. Make sure to select a US server when you connect to the VPN.
- Create an HBO Max account: If you don’t have one already, you’ll need to create an HBO Max account. During the registration process, you will be asked for a US postcode. You can find a valid one online. Note that the Max does not verify this data against any database.
- Start Watching Rome: With your VPN connected you’re all set to watch “Rome.” Simply log in to your HBO Max, search for “Rome,” and start streaming!
Remember to keep your VPN connected to a US server while you’re watching, as disconnecting it might lead to Rome becoming inaccessible again.
How to Watch Rome on HBO Max | Detailed Steps
Rome is available only on HBO Max in the US. You might not be able to find Rome in your region, as we cannot broadcast in your country if you don’t have access to HBO Max.
It can be annoying But don’t worry, as in this blog, you will learn how to stream the television series in four simple steps.
To watch Rome you need an ExpressVPN subscription for streaming, as this VPN is tested and highly recommended.
Below is an easy step-by-step guide for streaming Rome on HBO Max worldwide:
1- Get ExpressVPN for HBO Max:
You will need a VPN to change your IP address to the US and stream Rome on HBO Max. You can get three extra months free of ExpressVPN with their annual plan.
That’s 15 months for the price of 12. A single subscription supports five devices simultaneously and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2- Download the ExpressVPN app on your device
ExpressVPN supports almost all devices, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and more. You can also use ExpressVPN on your smart TV or gaming consoles using their smart DNS.
3- Connect to a US Server
After downloading the ExpressVPN app on your device, connect to a USA server from the country list. Since Rome is available on HBO Max in the USA, you need a USA address to access HBO Max and watch Rome.
After connecting to a US server, open HBO Max in your browser or in-app and search for Rome. Now you can stream and enjoy.
How to Create an HBO Max Account?
- Visit the HBO Max website.
- If you already have an account, simply log in. If not, you’ll need to create one.
- To sign up, you might need a payment method associated with a U.S. address. This can be a tricky part. Some people use gift cards or virtual credit cards, but availability and success may vary.
How Much Does HBO Max Cost?
If you are wondering how much is the HBO Max subscription cost in Australia? HBO Max subscription plans start at $9.99/month (15.29 AUD).
HBO Max offers its subscribers three different pricing plans, each having its distinct features.
HBO Max Basic
The basic plan costs AU$ 15.29/month. It has all the features with one problem. It isn’t ad-free, so if you’re willing to sit through a few ads to save money, this is for you.
HBO Max (No Ads)
This plan will cost AU$ 24.47/month. All the features available in the basic plan are available with the advantage of not having to sit through advertisements
Rome – Release Date
Rome is a historical drama series that premiered on August 28, 2005, on HBO. It aired for 2 seasons total, with 22 episodes. On IMDB, Rome has a rating of 8.7/10 based on over 223,000 user votes.
Rome – Official Trailer
Rome – Plot and Synopsis
In the realm of historical drama television series, few have captivated audiences quite like the epic masterpiece, ‘Rome.’ First hitting the screens in 2005, this collaborative creation of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), Home Box Office (HBO), and Rai Television is a dramatic exploration of one of history’s most fascinating eras.
‘Rome’ is a tantalizing exploration of an epoch marked by monumental shifts, societal tumult, and fascinating characters. The series primarily narrates the historical narratives of Julius Caesar’s era, highlighting political alliances, betrayals, and legendary battles that shaped the course of history.
Central to the show are two characters, Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo, played with mesmerizing authenticity by Kevin McKidd and Ray Stevenson, respectively. These characters, both members of the 13th Legion of the Roman Empire, offer contrasting viewpoints and experiences within Rome’s expansive society, showing the viewers a comprehensive picture of the historical period.
This series is a marvel of storytelling, blending historical facts with a dash of creative imagination to bring the ancient city of Rome to life. It weaves together the grand tapestry of politics, power, and intrigue with the delicate threads of personal stories and intimate character relationships. Julius Caesar, portrayed by Ciarán Hinds, and Mark Antony, brought to life by James Purefoy, embody the larger-than-life personalities and charisma that these historical figures are known for.
Rome – Cast and Characters
- Kevin McKidd as Lucius Vorenus
- Ray Stevenson as Titus Pullo
- Ciarán Hinds as Julius Caesar (season 1; guest season 2)
- Kenneth Cranham as Pompey Magnus (season 1)
- Polly Walker as Atia of the Julii
- James Purefoy as Mark Antony
- Tobias Menzies as Marcus Junius Brutus
- Max Pirkis (season 1; guest season 2) and Simon Woods (season 2) as Gaius Octavian (Augustus)
- Lindsay Duncan as Servilia of the Junii
- Lyndsey Marshal as Cleopatra
- Indira Varma as Niobe (season 1; guest season 2)
- Nicholas Woodeson as Posca
- Kerry Condon as Octavia of the Julii
- Rick Warden as Quintus Pompey
- Karl Johnson as Cato the Younger (season 1)
- David Bamber as Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Lee Boardman as Timon
- Paul Jesson as Quintus Metellus Scipio
Can I watch Rome with a free VPN in Australia?
Here are some potential disadvantages of free VPN that users might face
- No significant issues reported – ExpressVPN has a positive reputation overall, with no major scandals or security issues reported so far. However, it has less of a track record than some VPNs that have been around longer.
- Speed – While ExpressVPN claims to offer fast speeds, any VPN can slow down your internet connection to some degree compared to not using a VPN. The level of speed reduction depends on factors like your location, the VPN server you connect to, and your local network speed.
- Cost – ExpressVPN is a paid VPN service that costs $8.32 per month if you pay annually. This may be more expensive than some other VPN providers.
- No ad blocking – ExpressVPN does not provide any ad blocking. Some other VPN services block ads and trackers to enhance privacy and security.
Why is ExpressVPN a good choice to watch Rome in Australia?
For Australians hungry to feast their eyes on HBO Max’s tantalizing menu of movies, TV shows, and Max Originals, ExpressVPN presents a mouth-watering opportunity. This virtual private network can digitally transport you to the United States, transforming your device into an all-access pass to HBO Max’s rich content catalogue typically off-limits down under.
ExpressVPN’s global network of 3000+ rapid servers enables you to re-route your internet connection through an encrypted tunnel. Simply connect to a US-based server and HBO Max will be none the wiser that you’re actually tuning in from Australia. Streaming happens fast too, thanks to ExpressVPN’s speedy connections built for HD viewing.
The cost of this streaming freedom? A mere AUD$10.12 per month on ExpressVPN 15-month plan. Their 30-day money-back guarantee lets you take a risk-free first bite. With impressive security features baked-in as well, ExpressVPN satisfies Australians’ appetites for both entertainment and privacy. Unblock HBO Max with the VPN service Australians are raving about today.
What else you can watch on HBO Max
- The Last of Us
- Game Of Thrones
- The Sex Lives of College Girls
- His Dark Materials
- Doom Patrol
- House of the Dragon
- The Climb
- The Vagina Monologues
- Harley Quinn: A Very Problematic Valentine’s Day Special
- Through Our Eyes
- Regular Show
- Young Justice
- Band of Brothers
- The Shawshank Redemption
You can watch Rome from Australia on HBO Max.
Rome consists of 2 seasons which are currently streaming on HBO Max.
No, Netflix does not hold streaming rights for Rome, But you can still stream Rome on HBO Max.
Yes! You need a reliable VPN service to stream HBO Max. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Yes, you can access any streaming platform service from anywhere around the world. We recommend Express VPN as the best.
In conclusion, Rome is an acclaimed historical drama series set in ancient Rome that follows the lives of two Roman soldiers. The show is known for its attention to historical accuracy and is praised by critics for its acting, writing, and production values. Despite its cancellation, Rome has become a cult classic and is now available to stream on HBO Max.
Our team are on a continuous testing task with ExpressVPN excellent for streaming HBO Max content like “Rome” in Australia. We highly recommend these reliable VPN services for a seamless streaming experience. Enjoy the series!