Chinatown is a mystery drama film by legendary filmmaker Roman Polanski and was released in 1974. The film follows a private investigator, hired by a woman to look into her husband’s affair, getting entangled in a larger conspiracy involving land and water rights in California. The detective later sets out to unravel this web of deception.
Where to watch Chinatown in Australia?
Chinatown is currently available to stream on fuboTV. But the unfortunate part of the story is that fuboTV is only available in the United States, Spain, and Canadian regions, so to watch Chinatown on fuboTV from Australia, you are going to need two things, one is a reliable VPN service and the other is our easy step-by-step guide.
Is fuboTV Available in Australia?
As mentioned above, fuboTV is a geo-restricted American streaming platform that is only available in the USA, Spain, and Canadian regions as of now. If you reside outside of these regions for instance in Australia and want to access fuboTV content, only a secure premium VPN service like ExpressVPN will make that possible by bypassing the country server and opening the rest of the world at your disposal including the USA.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch fuboTV in Australia?
fuboTV is restricted only to locations within the United States, Spain, and Canada because of the content distribution policies. So, if you were to ever try and access fuboTV in Australia, you would get a message like “This site can’t be reached” or “fuboTV isn’t available to watch in your location.”
This is exactly the time for Express VPN to shine. It changes your IP address to a region within your chosen server location. Now, because fuboTV restricts you through your IP address, it would come in handy making it unable to do that.
That’s 15 months for the price of 12. A single subscription simultaneously supports five devices and has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you decide to get Express VPN, not only that you’ll be able to access fuboTV but also American Netflix content and American Amazon Prime content as well.
How to access fuboTV from Australia?
As of now, fuboTV is available only in Spain, Canada, and the United States. If you reside in the U.S., you can get a fuboTV account subscription for $74.99/month. But to access it from Australia, you’re going to need to follow these easy steps:
- Select a reliable VPN service and subscribe to it and download it on your device. We highly recommend ExpressVPN as an option after testing it out ourselves.
- Launch the VPN and select any US server from the list. We personally recommend using the New York server.
- Now open fubotv.com in your browser or in-app
- Search your desired content on fuboTV
How to get a fuboTV subscription from Australia?
You can get your fuboTV subscription from Australia by following these easy steps:
- Get Express VPN for fuboTV($6.67/mo with a 30-day money-back guarantee)
- Download the VPN app on your device of choice
- Connect any United States server from the list
- Open fuboTV.com on your PC, Phone, or Smart TV
- Click Sign In on the top right corner
- It will take you to the sign-in screen, it will ask, “New to fuboTV? Join for Free”
- Click join for free
- Enter your details; email address, name, password, and zip code (any US zip code will work, fuboTV does not verify)
- Done, your account is created, and now you can stream your desired content.
How much does fuboTV cost in Australia?
fuboTV offers three plans for you to choose from.
- fuboTV Pro at $74.99 USD which would be 113.48 AUD per month offering 150+ live channels, up to 10 multiple streams, and 1,000 hrs Cloud DVR storage.
- fuboTV Elite at $84.99 USD which would be 128.61 AUD per month offering 210+ live channels, up to 10 multiple streams, and 1,000 hrs Cloud DVR storage.
- fuboTV Premier at $94.99 USD which would be 143.74 AUD per month offering 220+ live channels, up to 10 multiple streams, and 1,000 hrs Cloud DVR storage.
Note: Prices may change, and additional plans or add-ons may be available. Visit the respective websites for the most up-to-date pricing and plan information.
Chinatown – Official Trailer
Chinatown – Release Date and Ratings
Chinatown was initially released in cinemas on June 20, 1974.
Chinatown is a critically acclaimed film that has a strong rating of 8.2/10 on IMDb and a 99% fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes.
Chinatown – Plot and Synopsis
The story of Chinatown takes place in the city of Los Angeles in the 1930s and follows a private detective named Jake Gittes, Jake is hired for an investigation by a woman named Evelyn Mulwray, who hires him to follow her husband and look into his activities, as she thinks he is having an affair. Jake, while investigating the case, comes across a larger web of deceit that takes him to the root of a much darker conspiracy related to the power structure of the city and land and water rights in California.
Chinatown is considered one of the finest films of the neo-noir genre. The film’s extraordinary screenplay, and its complex plot that came right out of the talented mind of its writer, Robert Towne, and its stunning cinematography, are some of the many things that make this film stand out. The film’s focus on themes like corruption and the abuse of authority is relevant even in present times.
Chinatown – Cast and Characters
- Jack Nicholson – J.J. Gittes
- Faye Dunaway – Evelyn Mulwray
- John Huston – Noah Cross
- Perry Lopez – Escobar
- John Hillerman – Yelburton
- Darrell Zwerling – Hollis Mulwray
- Diane Ladd – Ida Sessions
- Roy Jenson – Mulvihill
What else can you watch on FuboTV?
- Alaska Daily
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- The Wolf of Wall Street” (2014)
- Happy Valley
- The Hunger Games
- Get Out
- The Company You Keep
Wrapping it up
Chinatown is an absolute classic and a highly captivating mystery film with proper attention to detail in recreating the 1930s era, well-written characters, and great performances by the actors playing them. Chinatown is surely a must-watch film on fuboTV that will keep you entertained from beginning to end.