The Royle Family is a British television sitcom that was first broadcast on BBC One in 1998. The show was created and written by Caroline Aherne and Craig Cash, and it follows the daily lives of a working-class family living in Manchester, England.
The show primarily revolves around the lives of Jim Royle (Ricky Tomlinson), his wife Barbara (Sue Johnston), their daughter Denise (Caroline Aherne), and Denise’s husband Dave (Craig Cash). The family spends most of their time in their living room, watching television and interacting with each other.
Where to Watch The Royle Family in Australia?
The Royle Family is available to watch on BBC iPlayer for free. If you reside outside of the UK then you need a reliable VPN to access BBC iPlayer content and watch it hassle-free.
How to Watch The Royle Family on BBC iPlayer | Easy Guide
Watching “The Royle Family” on BBC iPlayer from outside the UK can be a bit tricky due to geographical restrictions. However, with the right tools, it’s perfectly possible. Here’s an easy guide:
Following these steps, you can enjoy “The Royle Family” on BBC iPlayer, no matter where you are in the world.
- Get ExpressVPN: To watch BBC iPlayer content from outside the UK, you’ll need ExpressVPN. An ExpressVPN masks your actual location and makes it appear as if you’re browsing from the UK.
- Install ExpressVPN: After choosing ExpressVPN, download and install it on your device. Make sure to select a UK server when you connect to the VPN.
- Create a BBC iPlayer account: If you don’t have one already, you’ll need to create a BBC iPlayer account. During the registration process, you will be asked for a UK postcode. You can find a valid one online. Note that the BBC does not verify this data against any database.
- Start Watching The Royle Family: With your VPN connected you’re all set to watch “The Royle Family.” Simply log in to your BBC iPlayer, search for “The Royle Family,” and start streaming!
Remember to keep your VPN connected to a UK server while you’re watching, as disconnecting it might lead to BBC iPlayer becoming inaccessible again.
Watch The Royle Family on BBC iPlayer in 4 Easy Steps | Detailed Explanation
The Royle Family is available on BBC iPlayer, but only in the UK. You might not be able to find it in your region’s BBC iPlayer library, as The Royle Family cannot be broadcast on BBC iPlayer in your country due to licensing restrictions. But don’t worry, in this blog, you’ll learn how to stream the show in four simple steps.
To watch The Royle Family, you need an Express VPN subscription, as this VPN is tested and highly recommended. Below is an easy step-by-step guide for streaming The Royle Family on BBC iPlayer worldwide:
1- Get Express VPN for BBC iPlayer
You need a VPN to change your region and stream The Royle Family on BBC iPlayer. Express VPN often offers promotional deals, such as getting three extra months free with their annual plan. A single Express VPN subscription simultaneously supports six devices and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2- Download the Express VPN app on your device
Express VPN supports almost all devices, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and more. You can also use Express VPN on your smart TV or gaming consoles using their smart DNS.
3- Connect to a UK Server
After downloading the Express VPN app, connect to a UK server from the country list. Since The Royle Family is available on BBC iPlayer UK, you need a UK IP address to access the UK BBC iPlayer library and watch The Royle Family.
After connecting to a UK server, open BBC iPlayer in your browser or in-app and search for The Royle Family. Now you can stream and enjoy.
How to get a BBC iPlayer account in Australia?
Wondering how you can register for BBC iPlayer in Australia? Don’t worry we’re here for you. Follow our step-by-step guide below:
- Select a reliable VPN service and subscribe to it. We highly recommend ExpressVPN as an option after testing it out ourselves.
- Launch the VPN and select any UK server. We personally recommend using the London server.
- Visit the BBC iPlayer website
- Click the Register Now option
- Select 13 or over and Enter your date of birth.
- Fill in all the required fields and finally click the Register option. (note: for the Postal Code field, we recommend you use SW1A 1AA for London, E1 OAA for East London, and E16 2JE for Docklands)
- Start watching and enjoy all that BBC iPlayer has to offer.
Note: When you will subscribe to BBC iPlayer, from Australia, it’s possible to you might get a notification inquiring if you have a TV license since we have mentioned that it is a requirement in UK law. But you don’t need to worry about that, just click on the “Yes” option, and it’ll immediately give you access to all the content without any problem.
The Royle Family
British television sitcom The Royle Family was released on September 14, 1998. The show primarily revolves around the lives of Jim Royle (Ricky Tomlinson), his wife Barbara (Sue Johnston), their daughter Denise (Caroline Aherne), and Denise’s husband Dave (Craig Cash). The family spends most of their time in their living room, watching television and interacting with each other. Earning a rating of 8.2 out of 10 on IMDb.
The Royle Family – Official Trailer
The Royle Family – Plot and Synopsis
“The Royle Family” is the classic British sitcom that first graced our screens in 1998. Created by Caroline Aherne, Craig Cash, and Henry Normal, this beloved show became an instant hit with its unfiltered depiction of a working-class family living in Manchester. Although the title may suggest a connection to the British monarchy, “The Royle Family” focuses on the lives of the Royles, a tight-knit clan who revel in life’s simple pleasures. So, sit back, relax, and join us as we reminisce about this timeless show and explore its enduring appeal.
– The Unconventional Charm of the Royles
“The Royle Family” is known for its offbeat humor and unforgettable characters. Let’s take a nostalgic look at the members of the Royle household:
- Jim Royle (Ricky Tomlinson): The grumpy yet lovable patriarch of the family, Jim spends most of his time in his favorite armchair, critiquing television shows and bemoaning the state of the world.
- Barbara Royle (Sue Johnston): The caring and hardworking matriarch, Barbara tirelessly looks after her family while attempting to keep the peace between her husband and children.
- Denise Royle (Caroline Aherne): Royle’s eldest child, Denise is a bit of a daydreamer who often finds herself caught up in the drama of her family’s antics.
- Antony Royle (Ralf Little): The younger sibling, Antony is frequently at the receiving end of his family’s teasing but remains a good-natured and dependable member of the Royle clan.
-Laughter in the Living Room
“The Royle Family” has provided us with countless hilarious and heartwarming moments. Some memorable highlights include:
- Jim’s constant battle with “Twiggy” (Geoffrey Hughes), the family’s well-meaning but often irritating neighbor, whose visits usually result in heated exchanges and witty banter.
- The Royle’s chaotic Christmas dinners, where the family gathers around the television for an evening of laughter, bickering, and chaotic fun.
- Denise’s attempts to cook dinner for her fiancé, Dave (Craig Cash), often result in culinary disasters and comical mishaps.
- Antony’s ever-changing love life provides the family with endless amusement and gossip fodder.
-The Enduring Legacy of “The Royle Family”
Despite airing its final episode in 2012, “The Royle Family” remains a beloved classic of British television. The show’s unique blend of humor, nostalgia, and genuine family dynamics continues to resonate with fans of all ages. Its impact on British comedy and the television landscape is undeniable, and it serves as a delightful reminder of the joys and challenges of everyday family life.
The Royle Family – Cast and Characters
- Ricky Tomlinson – Jim Royle
- Sue Johnston – Barbara Royle
- Caroline Aherne – Denise Best
- Craig Cas – Dave Best
- Ralf Little – Antony Royle
- Liz Smith – Norma ‘Nana’ Speakman
- Jessica Hynes – Cheryl Carroll
Can I Watch The Royle Family with a Free VPN?
Free VPNs may seem appealing, but they have major limitations in security and functionality that make them risky. These free services lack strong encryption, leaving your personal data exposed to hackers. They also enforce strict data caps, unable to handle activities like streaming.
For robust security and unlimited access, a paid premium VPN like ExpressVPN is recommended. The small fee provides bank-level encryption and reliable protection of sensitive information.
In short, paying for a premium VPN is prudent to properly safeguard your data and guarantee secure internet usage. The investment is worth it to avoid the vulnerabilities and constraints of free VPN options.
Why is ExpressVPN the best to watch The Royle Family on BBC iPlayer?
ExpressVPN is currently the world’s leading VPN service provider and a very good option for you to access BBC iPlayer from Australia. The first and foremost reason for that is its wide range of global servers, ExpressVPN offers you approximately 3000+ servers in over 94 countries, with 5 servers in the UK itself that’ll enable you to access BBC iPlayer from Australia.
Another great feature of ExpressVPN is its unlimited speed and ability to provide high-quality video streaming to its users, you must’ve heard often that connecting to a VPN may lead to a decrease in internet speed, but that is not the case with Express VPN as when we tested it ourselves we were getting a fast download speed of 89.42 Mbps on a 100Mbps internet connection. ExpressVPN also offers an excellent feature called MediaStreamer DNS, this feature enables you to get superb unblocking capacity on devices that do not include VPN support.
You can access ExpressVPN simultaneously on five devices at the same time through a single account. ExpressVPN can be accessed on various devices including but not limited to, Android and iOS devices, Windows, Linux, and browsers such as Chrome, Opera, and Firefox, etc. In terms of security, ExpressVPN offers a first-class Network Lock feature, which is basically a kill switch, split tunneling feature, AES-256 bit encryption, and IP leak protection.
You can get 15 months for the price of 12. An ExpressVPN subscription will cost you $6.67 USD per month which is 10.12 AUD per month along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What Else You Can Watch On BBC iPlayer In Australia
- The League of Gentlemen
- Still Game
- The Royle Family
- Citizen Kane
- Bleak House
- A Kind of Spark
- The Goes Wrong Show
- Six Wives with Lucy Worsley
British television sitcom The Royle Family is not available on Netflix.
The Royle Family is a BAFTA award-winning television sitcom produced by Granada Television for the BBC. It stars Ricky Tomlinson, Sue Johnston, Caroline Ahern, Ralf Little and Craig Cash. 25 episodes of The Royle Family were made and broadcast.
Yes, BBC iPlayer is a totally free streaming service to watch in Australia. All you are going to need is a trustable premium VPN service likeExpressVPNthat can change your IP address to the UK and then you can register for a BBC account and enjoy all BBC content.
Unfortunately, BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK to residents with a valid TV license. Accessing it outside the UK, like in Australia, is difficult due to strict geo-restrictions.
“The Royle Family” holds a special place in our hearts, as it captures the authentic, chaotic, and hilarious nature of family life. Its clever humor and genuine portrayal of a working-class family have made it a timeless classic, allowing viewers to connect with the Royle clan and find laughter in the most ordinary of situations. As we continue to enjoy the antics of the Royles, we are reminded of the importance of family, love, and laughter in our own lives.
Our team is on a continuous testing task with ExpressVPN excellent for streaming BBC iPlayer content like “The Royle Family ” in Australia. We highly recommend these reliable VPN services for a seamless streaming experience. Enjoy the series!